E . Alvin Small founded our funeral home in 1952 on the Boulevard in Colonial Heights. With help from his dad, Edward, two brothers, Herbert and Ralph, and several close friends they set the foundation for what the firm is now. In 1990 Alvin’s nephews, Bryan Small and Louis Smith, were granted the opportunity to assume management and ownership. On May 28, 2009 we were saddened by the death of Alvin but we are grateful that his work and influence continues. Today we are still at the same place on the Boulevard and also have added another location at 3935 S. Crater Road in Petersburg. We have our own crematory to serve the needs of families who choose cremation and special equipment for the cremation of pets. We rely on an excellent staff to fulfill the wishes of each family.