E. Alvin Small founded our funeral home in 1952 on the Boulevard in Colonial Heights. With help from his dad, Edward, two brothers, Herbert and Ralph, and several close friends, they established the foundation of caring and personal professional service which has remained the keystone to today’s operations. Today we rely on an excellent staff to maintain that foundation of core values to fulfill the wishes of each family. In 1990, Alvin’s nephews, Bryan Small and Louis Smith, were granted the opportunity to assume management and ownership. Today we are still at the same location, on the Boulevard. In 2004 we not only expanded to a second location on South Crater Road near the Petersburg/Prince George County line but also began operating our own crematory to serve the needs of families who choose cremation. We also have and separate equipment for the cremation of pets. On May 28, 2009 we were saddened by the death of Alvin, but we are grateful that his work and influence continues.